Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Cant remove itunes from XP

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ageclipsegt 
#1 ·
I am having trouble removing itunes from my copy of Xp thus making me want to do a fresh install of xp.

When I proceed to try and remove it it says"invalid drive F:\ and I no longer have a drive F so I tried to download and install a copy of itunes and it says the same thing.

Is therenny way I can forcefully remove it. I tried fixing the registry and used a few uninstall programs but still the same thing.

Thankyou:wave:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Re: Cant remove itunes from XP

Thanks for the responses:smile:

I tried everything , from the remove programs to registry cleaners. During uninstall it says something like C:\windows\installer\itunes.msi cant install/uninstall. I also tried uninstall programs but it is still there. Tried to go through all folders and delete what I find. i may try to do a repair install

Thankyou

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: Cant remove itunes from XP

Victory!

I have succesfully configured and removed itunes! Now I got a working fresh copy.

I did more research on my exact problem and it was basicly because I had some hidden itunes folder somewhere and when trying toinstall or repair itunes my computer was looking for a folder that was once there.

I then downloaded windows install cleanup and found the itunes and deleted and retarted and everything worked. WHen I re-installed itunes instead of it trying to download to drive F (it always used that as a default) it said C;/program files and the install went smooth.

No need to repair or reformat!

I want my weekend back:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.