Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I had to change to Windows XP x64 but now, it seems that my Scanner (EPSON Perfection 610) is incompatible with the OS. I looked everywhere, even in the EPSON website and there's no indication of a driver for Win XP x64 for my epson.

Even so, is there a way to install a "generic" scanner driver for it? I really need to get this scanner to work.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Can't Install EPSON Perfection 610 Scanner in Win XP x64

Thanks for the link. Correct me if I'm wrong but VueScan is a driver + tool, or is it just the tool?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

well from what people have said about the program its worth it if your using 64bit windows as to I couldnt find any drivers for it that would work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi again

Last night I made it work. Before using the VueScan, I was wondering if I could use a Win XP 32 Virtual Machine that I have in VirtualBox to use the scanner. Here's what I did:

1. With the VM off, I went to its configuration dialog.

2. Under the "USB" section, I added a filter for the device (the device is "listed" in the host, even if it's not properly installed).

3. VirtualBox made some installing and then I restarted the host (physical) machine.

4. Started the VM and it detected the new hardware, which I installed using the regular drivers I always used.

I tested it and works perfectly even when in the host the scanner is not installed; I think my *** is safe for now :p

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

ok glad you got it sorted, didnt think of virutal mode to run it from.

You can mark thread solved under "thread tools" near top of this page, ty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.