Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm a newbie when it comes to Tech forums, so please bear with me haha..

I have Windows XP SP3. I have a program that needs .NET Framework 2 or higher, but whenever I try to install any type of .NET Framework it never works. When I do the windows updates for them "Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1" says it fails and then i get a "setup.exe encountered a problem and needs to close" error when it tries to install "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86".

When I go online and try to install them from there i get an error saying "A Problem encountered while loading the setup components."

I have all my security programs closed while I try to install them. I've been trying for 2 days now. It is driving me crazy. Help would be amazing<3 Thanks.:smile:

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,432 Posts
Re: Can't install ANY .NET Framworks?

and welcome to the Forum

Probably the easiest way would be to uninstall all .net apps, then start fresh with 1 and work up

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts

To add to what Rich is saying, download dotnetfx_cleanup_tool and uninstall all version of .Net Framework, then go to Windows Update and download them all again in the proper order, ending with 4.0 and 4.5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I only have 1.1 and 3.5 SP1 and 4 client in the custom windows update. 1.1 always fails to install. Is there one before it? What are these SP versions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I only have 1.1 and 3.5 SP1 and 4 client in the custom windows update. 1.1 always fails to install. Is there one before it? What are these SP versions?
oh! wait, 1.1 installed! I updated it by itself this time after doing the cleaner. I did the cleaner before the other day and nothing changed, but i guess doing it alone helped? Now to see if the others will cooperate..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.