Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a DI 604 router and I couldn't forward ports, someone told me to buy a new router because my modem (TM602G) doesn't have a built-in router and can't be blocking it so I bought a DIR 601 with wireless and I still have the problem.

I don't have any firewalls.
I have the problem on 3 PC's, so I think that eliminates any software issues.

Anyone have any solutions?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Re: Can't forward ports.

That DI604 is a router (which should have forwarding ports capability).

Follow this link and look for your router make and model and it will give you the instructions on how to forward the ports.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't think you've read my post :(
I now have a DIR 601 with wireless and I know how to forward ports, canyouseeme.org still says it's blocked, it's why I came here.

Edit: Nvm, you were just pointing out my old router could forward ports too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm not sure what caused this, but now after forwarding it, I'm getting a connection refused rather than a timeout.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Whats the purpose for forwarding your ports? Give me some details if you will. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I've actually managed to forward ports, but I still can't login to my game (league of legends), it says it can't connect to pvp.net :/

There's nothing blocking it and the ports are forwarded.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Can you provide me a snapshot of the ports you forwarded specifically from your router interface? Thank You.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

http://i.imgur.com/hiMSU.png

They're all reporting open with PFPort Checker except for port 80 which is blocked by my ISP, but I do not believe it's the problem because I could play the game fine before.

Thanks for your time :)

·
Registered
548 Posts

No problem. From the configuration, your not doing it correctly. Check out the link.

A firewall can disrupt connections. What do you have?

Disable the firewall and play the game, see if it helps.

·
Registered
548 Posts

For the ports, have you looked all the way on the bottom?

And what I meant to say was your software firewall.

·
Registered
548 Posts

You need to check it more carefully. There's exactly three pictures that shows you which ports you need to be forward.

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts

With the PF port checker reading the ports as open, that indicates the port forwarding was done correctly. When switching between routers, have you checked to make sure the ports are forwarded to the correct IP address (if you have not set a static IP address for your computer)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yes, I've made sure that it's forwarded to 192.168.0.102. The PFPort checker is saing it's open with this new router (DIR 601).
I've actually just reformatted, disabled windows firewall and canyouseeme.org is still saying connection refused. I'm waiting for my game to download right now to test.

·
Networking Team Emeritus
7,376 Posts

What av and firewall are you using on the affected pc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Oh forgot about this thread sorry, I fixed the problem by forwarding the ports in windows firewall instead of disabling it. Kinda weird, but after that canyouseeme.org gets a timeout on the port and it's open (I'm assuming this is what you call a stealth port). I didn't have any AV's before or after the reformat.

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts

You can mark the thread Solved by clicking the Mark this Thread as Solved option under Thread Tools at the top of the thread.:smile:

·
Networking Team Emeritus
7,376 Posts

Glad it is solved for you please mark as such and thanks for posting back with your solution.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.