Tech Support Forum banner

[SOLVED] Cannot Change background wallpaper

989 Views 13 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Masterchiefxx17
In Windows 7 64 bit Version, I have lost the ability to change my background image. I can only change colors.

A few months ago, I had an issue with malware that only STOPzilla was able to get rid of.

Some other issues I have had to deal with is a lot of my files and folders were hidden.

I have tried everything I found on google to fix this background problem. I can change to a differetn profile and it works fine. I simply cannot afford the time it would take to set up a new profile with all my software and settings.

I know this has to be a setting somewhere or a corrupt file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 14 Posts
Re: Cannot Change background wallpaper

How do I have your team make sure I am free from malware?

This diagnostic did not find anything wrong.... I am begining the think the only solution is a new computer.

Also... if this helps you help me.... if you right click an image and say set as background it says access denied....

Yes I am

If I use personalization... click on background image... browse choose one and put the check mark.... and save... I get nothing but colored background

If I use an image from the net and say set as background I get access denied.

I cant get anything but a solid color screen

If I save an image to the desktop I can see the thumbnail image.... but when I right click and set as background.... nothing happens.....

I am convinced my profile is corrupt since I can change profiles and change the background.... how hard is it to make a new profile look like my old one? Will it mess up all my network connections?
After weeks of googling.... found a hidden file of an old wallpaper that was blocking my ability to change the background.....
1 - 8 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.