Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new here so I'd first like to thank you for hearing out my question.
I have just put together my new pc and it runs fine except for the fact that I can not connect to the internet. When I set up all the drivers and such for my motherboard, I just assumed it would have picked up my LAN settings. It didn't and now my pc is trying to connect to the internet via my firewire (1394). I have no idea how to fix this. There is no option to select a LAN in my advanced network settings, thus leading me to believe it was not installed properly or picked up during installation. My system specs are:
Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz E6850
2 GB Mushkin HP 6400
BFG 8600 GT OC2 512MB

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Laking

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Re: Can not connect to internet

welcome
check the device manager for any yellow conflicts that might be affecting the built in ethernet .
make sure the internet options in your control panel looks correct

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I have yellow question marks beside the 'other devices' subtitle in my device manager. There are question marks beside 'other PCI bridge device', 'other PCI bridge device', and 'SM bus controller'. How do I fix this?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts

Run the motherboard cd again and make sure you install the chipset drivers, it seems you may have missed installing these the first time around

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I will not let me download any chipset drivers, I only have the option to download the SoundMAX audio driver. Any other suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.