Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased CoD4 for the PC. At first it was REALLY choppy, but I ended up fixing the settings to make it OK. But the problem is that I can play CoD4 easily in servers that don't have a lot of players (10-25 or so), but when I go into bigger servers, it starts to get really choppy. My ping stays around 70-130, so I think it's good.

Specs:
Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
2.20 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM

Any ideas?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Call of Duty 4- Choppy Performance- please help =(

I didn't see an edit button, but I forgot to add: Singleplayer is fine, it's jsut Multiplayer that is choppy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well single player works fine.. it's just maps with lots of people or maps with snow/dust/rain.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So if you were to say updating my video card would definitely work, what would you suggest?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My motherboard manufacturer did not put the motherboard ID or name on it...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I made my own machine at the HP website.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Okay, now I think it IS the graphics card, because in single player I changed it to the right resolution, and it's laggy now. What is a good, cheap graphics card you guys recommend?

·
TSF Enthusiast
5,538 Posts

Whats the price range? You probably need a power supply upgrade to that normally goes along with a videocard upgrade.

i agree with owned.you need to set a budget,and get a power supply as well.i have confirmed on the hp website you do have a pci-express slot free for a video card.once you set a budget let us know we can help you pick the proper parts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

i agree with owned.you need to set a budget,and get a power supply as well.i have confirmed on the hp website you do have a pci-express slot free for a video card.once you set a budget let us know we can help you pick the proper parts.
Thanks guys, I plan on getting it for Christmas, so probably 50$-150$ or so. I mean.. eBay is fine, as well. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.