Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used several trial av's and m seriously impressed wid KIS 2010
I m thinking of buying a 3 user 1 year license for me and my frnds pc

but b4 dat i just wanted to ask if dere is any oder av out dere i should consider buying rather than kis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Buying an antivirus

KIS is excellent. You can also check Auslogics Antivirus - it's really good and you get 30 days trial. Personally, I use free Avira and I like it best of all.

·
Registered
79 Posts

AVG is very slow and it doesn't pick up all trojans. I ran Malwarebytes (free) and it found a page of stuff that my constantly updated AVG (free) and Spyware Doctor (paid) has missed for months.

I'm looking for something better now too.

·
Deceased
14,580 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well Then i guess Kis wins
i dnt like kis's firewall
so m using zone alarm pro firewall
and i was using prevx 3.0 for oder malwares but switched to superantispyware pro
is dis good combination ?

·
Banned
204 Posts

AVG is very slow and it doesn't pick up all trojans. I ran Malwarebytes (free) and it found a page of stuff that my constantly updated AVG (free) and Spyware Doctor (paid) has missed for months.

I'm looking for something better now too.

There is your problem,

You have AVG Free edition. To get better protection, the Internet Security is the edition you need, it is their full edition. Free edition lacks many features and does not protect very well.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,938 Posts

I use NOD32 .
I'm no computer guru like some of you guys are, but I do know enough to say this, and be totally correct.
When you go out and buy an anti-virus, you have to get the one that (1) you are happy with (2) works the best for your style of computer usage)
Like I said I currently use NOD32, but thats because for what I do its the best for me, for now anyway next year I may have a free one or KIS, of G-Data, never know,

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,196 Posts

Well said.

As I mentioned in my reply to The_RocK, there will be as many opinions as responders. The_RocK was impressed with KIS after using several trial versions, and asked if that would be a good choice. It always tests well, so that fits the bill in that regard.

I also use NOD32 on several of my machines. Have done so since v2.5

It's not only a matter of test results, but personal perception, how one likes a particular interface, controls, etc.

As Basementgeek intimated at....protection begins at the keyboard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why would you want to pay for something that you can get for free? I've never paid a cent for antivirus. Avast is the best. It's easy to download and use. Also, it offers "realtime" protection. Microsoft Security Essentials is another good free choice. It's your money, do as you wish, but you don't have to pay for quality antivirus.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,196 Posts
There are considerations for paying versus free, and as I've already mentioned, there are as many opinions as there will be responders. You're certainly entitled to yours. There are excellent free AntiVirus, but they do not have the same feature set as their pay-for counter parts, avast! included.

Thing you get when you pay:

Support
Full features
All-in-one suites

As The_RocK is satsified his questions are answered, this thread is marked as Solved, and is now closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.