Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having BSODs some seconds after booting. I know it's related to Nvidia GeForce, however, don't know if the Hardware is malfunctioning, or if it is a software problem.

Also, I disabled the GeForce Display Adapter on Device Manager, because no BSODs happen when I use the integrated Graphics.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

On a laptop, Samsung RC512.

P.S

Don't know if I have to attach something else.

Also, sorry for grammar mistakes. English isn't my native language.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts
Re: BSOD due to dxgkrnl.sys

Hi,

because no BSODs happen when I use the integrated Graphics.
This as you said could imply a simple video card driver issue or the video card itself is faulty.

Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

More information about the issue.

When the system was starting to get issues using the GeForce GT 525m (The board I have), some strange purple blocks and blue pixels were spread over the screen, whenever I tried to run a game. Back then, only this was happening, and the application simply closed, with a box with the message: Display adapter has successfully recovered, something like that. But then, the BSODs started appearing. Now, I'll remove the driver I have by the Windows "Unninstall a program" and install the last WQHL, which will take ~45 minutes or so. (My internet is slow).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well, uninstalling the driver and instaling the last WHQL somehow solved the BSODs, even with the fact that I tried it a lot of times before. Thank you anyways. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.