Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with all these BSODs lately?
I've got a serious one where it will restart my pc after a strange buzzing sound from the speaker five minutes into a game. It also did it once to me in the desktop.

I've attached the DMP file and the DXDIAG file tho I had to .rar the DMP file due to a forums error. I also have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Lately my CPU temp went up to 80 but I used some thermal paste so it's ok.

Another thing I noticed that looks strange is that the PC is using 1.56GB of RAM just in the desktop. I have a total of 4GB RAM. I should probably run Memtest86.

Any help will be very much appreciated considering the large number of other BSOD posts. Thanks! JD

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: [BSOD] Another victim...

Update: I launched a game to test and I saw the GPU temp rising from 70 to 90+ and counting before I exited the game. I suspect if it rose even higher it would have restarted. Now I changed the location of my PC and turned on a small fan next to it. Currently at 44. Will test again.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts

Hi,

Let me know if you continue crashing after making the change in regards to the fan.

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry for my late reply. The computer stop crashing after using a house fan to cool it down. This means that the problem was being caused by an overheating GPU. Is there a cure for this? How can I cool it down without using house fans? Would the reapplication of thermal paste solve this? Thanks.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts

Hi,

Yes, reapplication of thermal paste should solve it, plus a cleaning of any and all fans and filters within the PC.

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Problem solved. Turns out my GPU fan just wasn't working right. I took it apart and installed a CPU fan on the graphic card's heat sink. Work's fine now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.