Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran pcpitstop test and It tells me I have 2 drivers that need to be updated. I go to device manager, right click properties and update driver and it says there are no better drivers for this. I've no clue how to update a driver. Do I really need to update and if so, HOW? Any help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Re: broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller

I'd say you only need to update if you're having problems.
The latest drivers are usually supposed to improve performance, but that's debatable.

Online scans, and software like Driver Detective etc, ALWAYS tell you something needs updating!

To update a driver, you first need to download it, either from the manufacturer of your pc or motherboard, the manufacturer of the component, the many software/driver websites or Windows Update.
If the downloaded package comes in an *.exe file, you uninstall your old drivers and run the application to install the latest ones.
If it's just the *.inf and *.sys etc files you have downloaded then you do what you mentioned in your post at Device Manager and point windows to the folder the new driver files are stored.

The best place to go for drivers is the manufacturer of your System or of your motherboard e.g. AsRock, ASUS, Dell etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller

Gotcha! I was suspicious about updating the driver. Will do nothing now because my computer performance is very good. I hope it stays that way. Thanks alot! :wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.