Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For reasons not relevant, I have to connect my laptop to my desktop speakers through a Bluetooth audio adapter. The sound from my recent one started sputtering. To confirm, I switched to my internal speakers and there wasn't a problem. l bought another adapter, of a different brand, and the problem still exists but not nearly as bad. The adapter sits right next to the laptop, so distance isn't a problem.

My laptop is a Lenovo and they have a diagnostic that says everything is OK. I read somewhere that 3.0 USB devices can interfere with Bluetooth operations. The device sits close to a 3.0 USB hub. I need suggestions, please.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More on this...ran Windows Bluetooth troubleshoot and it said it made radio repairs. A different adapter did not help. I connected the speakers to my iPhone to eliminate them and the sound was OK. The laptop's internal speakers are fine. My conclusion is that the laptop Bluetooth radio is the problem. I'm assuming it is on the motherboard, and not replaceable. I know there are USB Bluetooth transmitters, but not sure how I can use it.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've done all of those things except restore the system, which, in my mind, is extreme. I have investigated switching to a USB Bluetooth transmitter and how to do it with an existing laptop device. There are YouTube explanations. Nothing really complicated and a dongle is under $20. Also, all this happened when a piece of the 3.5 mm malfunctioning splitter (headphone/mic) cable male end broke off in the receptive (female piece). Amazon has tweezers supposedly for this use. They are $5. I figure it is worth a try and I can return them if it doesn't work.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,857 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This whole thing started when a defective splitter cable (headphone/mic) tip broke off inside the jack on my laptop. It blocked the replacement cable from getting completely in. I checked Amazon today and yes, they have a 3.5 mm tweezer for $5. I'm going to try this before I go with the dongle.

·
8,857 Posts
Years ago someone in the company I worked for had a similar thing happen. Tip end of their headphone jack broke off down in the bottom of the hole. I had to tear into the computer, raise one side of the metal casing around the headphone jack a bit so I could use a needle to pry and push that broken tip up and out. Not really that hard to do, just tedious, time consuming and rather aggravating.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wrong. It is $8. The instructions say that the tube length is equal to the jack length and once your start to remove it to use needlenose pliers to squeeze the tube.
Product Font Line Office supplies Auto part

·
8,857 Posts
Yep, tried something similar. A rolled up piece of Diet Coke can. Didn't have any luck though. That one might work better though because it's nice and smooth. Let us know how it goes? ...

·
8,857 Posts

The QCA9377 is a single-die wireless local area network (WLAN) and Bluetooth combination solution to support 1 × 1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and Bluetooth 5.0 + HS, designed to deliver superior integration of WLAN/Bluetooth and low-energy technology.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you saying I should not disable this? It looks like it is the problem chip. Also, what do you know about USB 3.0 and Bluetooth interference?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Qualcomm device shows us in Bluetooth and Network in Device Manager. Then I remembered that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi show up in Network Adapters and
Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Number
maybe disabling the Bluetooth adapter there will safely do their trick.?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read the article on USB 3.0 and Bluetooth. While I have a big desk, there is a lot of stuff on it, not the least of which is the Bose speakers. I have an 11-port USB 3.0 bus, (8 data and three powered). Two WD 3.9 passports are plugged in, mostly for Data and image local backup, also Windows Recovery and Marcrium Media USB 3.0 flash drives. The Bluetooth audio adapter was within 4 inches. Today, I moved it to the other side of one of the speakers, about 15 inches away, and viola, the stuttering disappeared! Itunes and YouTube play normally. I received the extraction tool and will still try it to go back to a hard connection.

·
Global Moderator
51,345 Posts
I have BT speakers linked to my TV, I can hear better when the sound is right near me.

Occasionally, they'll develop interference, buzzing, etc. I've never tracked down what causes it, but sometimes I can just disconnect and connect and cure it, other times it persists. I suspect my grandson's activities, but I have no proof. :D

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the problem was a blocked 3.5mm laptop jack. I got a tool to try to clean it. I ordered a new split cable. The jack now works!

·
Global Moderator
51,345 Posts
How does the jack enter into the picture for a BT speaker system?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts