Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trusty Galaxy S7 went to heaven suddenly (the board failed).

I had been in the habit of using Samsung Smart Switch to back up to my PC and did so every week. I bought a new Galaxy A52 and discovered that I could not restore to a different phone from that from which the backup was originally made (my bad - wrong assumption). When I connected my new phone to my PC, I could see the old S7 backups in Smart Switch, but they were greyed out, and I could not select them to initiate a Restore.

Is there a backup that will allow me to backup everything and then restore to a new phone. I'm not just interested in contacts, photos/videos, music, ringtones, documents, but also some settings e.g. my wi-fi networks and passwords, bluetooth pairings, e-mail settings and my apps.

I'm ok with having to adopt a couple of different backup procedures to ensure I have everything covered, but I'm hoping I'm not the first person to have this requirement and that there is existing best practice.

Tommy

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,879 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.