Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to skip the story behind this deal and ask how to get through to Windows and explain my delima. I tried to activate XP PRO after a complete transfer from one disk to an oem disk with XP Home. I was told that my numbers where bad after trying to activate, and that was it. I was not transferred or given a chance to talk to a real person, just contact vendor to whom sold me the disc. I had never had a problem in the past using this product. I have had the disc for over a year now with no problems. It has been installed several different times on several different computers. I had bought the disc along with the sp2 update install disc. It was selling as Windows XP PRO with SP2, Anyway, I do not expect help in a matter concerning bootleg products, but would just like to know a number I can use to get hold of Windows support personal and find out what the deal is. I can understand to many installs, but with that you can at least try and get new numbers and or talk to someone.
Donk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: bad numbers

Donk here again, It sounds as though I may be screwed. I Googled activation and found a site that has explained what the deal might just be. I new the disc had unlimited installs which meant an OEM install disc. Like I said, all had been good for a little over a year maybe two not sure, but they have now put into place a program that limits OEM install disc's. I just happen to have been sold said product. I had also noticed that after trying to return to said site it no longer offers my product, or any product dealing XP, Office, or Vista. I guess when you buy a product for a price that seems to good to be true well... it is. Buyer beware. It's called greed, I wanted something for nothing, and I got nothing.
Donk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.