Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:wave: Surprise....

Am experiencing a problem very new to me .... Lately the sound on my computer (xp svs pk 3) is jittery or cracklie sounding. I thought I had "blown" my speaker, but to my great disappointment, I plugged in earphones tonight and it bad through the earphones too. I can't tell you when it started happening because I dismissed it as being self inflicted (speaker blown).

The only thing I have done is to replace my keyboard (my setup is reconditioned emachine) because quite a few letters on the keys themselves have or are beginning to wear off and the family members that don't know touch typing (like my husband ) have been complaining. LOL

I picked up a curbside hp internet keyboard (a hp #5185 1596 Internet Keyboard) with a variety of new buttons (I have not yet customized to my preferences) including buttons like we see on the media players play reverse, ff, volume control up/down a tiny button with a musical note and a tiny button with a speaker on it.

Could this new-to-me keyboard be causing trouble with the computers existing audio set up? idk ? Im just a dummy....

Thank you so much for helping me out ... I have always loved all you all here at tsf!!

Cathy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Audio sounds crackly

Update your audio drivers. Or maybe your line connections are ruined a bit or not plugged in? But that doesn't seem likely because you used headphones and speakers. Could be something inside the computer. I highly doubt your keyboard would be causing this.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ty I will try that........

geez you were fast! I was editing some of the explaination and just clicked save changes and I had your reply rofl

I will post results when I have tried this

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hello Cathy :wavey:

Have you tried reinstalling/updating the Audio drivers? What make is your Sound Card? I think the problem might be with your Sound Card.

I don't think the keyboard could cause such an issue.
Would it be Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (r) Audio Controller?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Dang it wants me to insert the installation cd to update drivers...this may take some hunting...I DO have it , but will I be lucky enough to find it right off the bat? crossing fingers and going to place I try to keep (most) my cd's....

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts

Would it be Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (r) Audio Controller?
If you're not sure, download & install Speccy from my signature and it'll show you the make of your Sound Card.

Don't go on looking for it, you can download the drivers as long as you know the right version.

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts

Ive seen a sound card with the same name or a very similiar name to this.. It's just the wording. I am not certain though.
True. But there are various other Sound Cards in the market. Let's wait for Cathy to post back & see what we can do. :smile:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

OK now I don't know how to copy the report over to here It keeps copying my keyboard serial number ??? but the report says:

cpu: AMD Sempron 3300+
Palermo 90 nm Technology

ram: 512 MB Single-Channel DDR @ 200 MHz (3-3-3-8)

Motherboard: First International Computer, Inc. K8M-800M (Socket 940) 43*C

Graphics: Sony HMD-A200 (1024 x [email protected])

Hard Drives: 153GB Hitachi HDT722516DLAT80 (PATA) 34 *C

Optical Drives: Lite-on SOHC-4836V

Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA Audio Controller

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Model # T3302 Going to zap over to the Gateway/emachine site and see what I can find driver wise....again, thanks for being patient with me I will be back as soon as I can

@Babbzz you just wouldn't believe it if I told you about me and posting screenshots/images....Sandman55 gave me nice lesson, I tried to post a photo and did the big TaDa only to have DonaldG point out that the pix wasn't there rofl...I think I am their basket case!!

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, do you see any devices with yellow flags. If so, they need to have drivers installed.
Go to the eMachines site and download the Chipset and Audio driver, and any other drivers you may require from the Device Manager.
eMachines Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Desktop / T Series / T3302

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ok I cut out too soon yestdy and didn't see last post...I will follow your suggestion (I did update the audio driver but that was it so off I go to try) The audio is still glitchey and may have been my imagination but when I set all the controls on the equalizer to the lowest setting it may have become slightly smoother...

ah ah I know my puter is bottom of barrel but was sent to me years go by a internet gaming friend who asked if I wouldn't mind giving her my snail mail addy as a little bird told her Santa might be sending out a little surprise. (part of her tradition when she got her end of year oil well dividends that her father had left to her ) I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHEN I RECEIVED IT AND CRIED LIKE A BABY..ok end of my story ... and point being I guess I should be prepared in the event of it having parts troubles, but I am still holding onto hope it is something we can remedy with forum aid........ wow there is a joke right there waiting to come out... forum aid / foreign aid hummmmm

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

For some reason I can't get the Chipset file to perform according the the readme directions included therein...

Over the last few months, there seems to more and more things that I am having trouble with (speed, unwanted toolbars, games that won't load/play, script errors and now with the audio difficulties) perhaps it is time for me to turn myself in to the Security team...It has been a LONG time since I needed them to rescue me and hope they won't scold me
or think I am abusing their efforts...

How about we consider this thread resolved and if I need to I will come back...is that ok? AND I still appreciate you all taking time to offer suggestions

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts

I am having trouble with (speed, unwanted toolbars, games that won't load/play, script errors and now with the audio difficulties) perhaps it is time for me to turn myself in to the Security team
Although it might not be directly related to your current problem, it's worth getting your scan logs cleared. :smile:

I hate the sound of those toolbars.

We'll be ready for you Cathy. :grin:

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Toolbars are an easy fix. Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter in the Add Remove Programs, look for anything that says tool bar and Uninstall it. If that doesn't get rid of it, in your browser, go to Tools/Addons and disable any of the remaining Toolbars, go back to Add Remove now and try to Uninstall it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.