Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any driver backup software that I can use for free on XP? I got my Computer downgraded from Vista (computer was shipped with it installed) to XP by a person and he had installed all the drivers already.

I'm trying to find a software that can automatically back up drivers on this computer just in case I have to do a clean install of XP.

And please no trial or any other of those "crapware" products. :smile:

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Any backing up drivers software for XP?

So wait.

If I was just to copy the system 32 drivers folder in an external USB drive and just so happen to lose windows and start a fresh install, all I would have to do is just pop the USB drive in and just paste the folder into the very same place it was copied from and I would have all the drivers I need within minutes?

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts

So wait.

If I was just to copy the system 32 drivers folder in an external USB drive and just so happen to lose windows and start a fresh install, all I would have to do is just pop the USB drive in and just paste the folder into the very same place it was copied from and I would have all the drivers I need within minutes?

thanks

you really do not want to do that since the drivers will still need to be installed. during the driver install, just point to the folder to find the proper driver.

you will still need to install the proper software for webcams, printers, scanners, graphic cards and other devices since in some cases drivers dont mean a thing unless you have the proper software.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Use drivermax to backup your drivers, then take a blank cd and
burn the folder of the drivers it backed up to the cd.

Note: Im pretty sure you can point the backup folder to where you want it.
Use "My Documents" folder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.