Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/Girls

Not so sure if this is a good or bad idea, but what would it be like if i installed a air-con to one of my 120mm fan slots through ducting?

What would you think? Really worth it?

Nice to hear ya thoughts on this one. :grin:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re: Air Conditioned PC!

Would not be a good Idea at all.. I had the Antec 900 first mod, do you have the scond mod? Does it still get dustier than the dessert?

As for the air conditioning being a bad idea is condensation.. Water and pc parts do not get along.. Now if you can get a de-humidifier and somehow rig it to the air conditioner it would be better as water will not build up then..

How far are you trying to overclock? I have this AMD 6400+ oc'd to 3.7 just on air. If you get yerself a good heatsink and fan you can do wonders..

·
Registered
13,828 Posts

You can get AC compressor units for computers, but water cooling is usually cheaper. Condensation is a problem as stated but a good heatsink like the Zalman 9500 should give you plenty of cooling.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts

I frankly don't think it would be a problem, but I have one question. WHY? Normal cooling procedures can take care of almost any CPU.

·
Registered
696 Posts

I frankly don't think it would be a problem, but I have one question. WHY? Normal cooling procedures can take care of almost any CPU.
When you turn on your air conditioner what happen around it or behind it (if you have a window one) it leaks tons of water. This is due to the fact the hot and cool air are colliding inside the pump.. SO it creates moisture. Thats all

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for the heads up guys, i must admit that vapochill does look the nuts! :wink:

I had water cooling before but the better option was to use air lol, some reason air was cooler than the 'Big Water 735' that i had!
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb184/machevelli7777/WatercoolerSetup.jpg

Plus it didnt really fit my case!

The ZEROtherm at $39.99 sounds good, what compound would you reccommend? Even with the 9500? Ive just got standard crappy compound with mine, does it really matter?

Ow by thte way geek73 i really dont know what mod i have thought there was only one lol Heres a pic:

And heres the guts of it all:

Excuse the pics my cam doesnt focus too well. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
13,828 Posts

If you point your Zalman 9500 fan so its facing the rear exhaust fan you should get a bit better cooling performance.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts

When you turn on your air conditioner what happen around it or behind it (if you have a window one) it leaks tons of water. This is due to the fact the hot and cool air are colliding inside the pump.. SO it creates moisture. Thats all
My friend, you misread what I was saying. I know about air conditioning.....what I was saying was....WHY do it when it is not necessary. :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts

also take that blank and move it to the bottom like mine (see my 900 thread). Get a little more air goin across the HSF.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts

If you keep your ambient room temperature below 20 degrees you should get good air cooling performance.

·
Registered
696 Posts

My friend, you misread what I was saying. I know about air conditioning.....what I was saying was....WHY do it when it is not necessary. :wave:
:embarased sorry about that.. That one is on me.. My eyes did not see that far to the right lol.. No harm no foul.. I could have sworn it said something else..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks guys, will try taking out the blank today makes sense doing that!

My Zalman 9500 is facing the top 200mm fan, isnt that more than enough? And my exhaust fan i have changed around so its pushing more air onto the CPU Fan. Ive also stuck a 80mm fan at the back of my video card so it would suck some air out of it, hasnt done much with the temps of it anyhows!

·
Registered
13,828 Posts

The rear 120mm should be exhaust and not intake; it will be more helpful as exhaust because you will have a negative pressure airflow design. Keep the 80mm below the video card as exhaust.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.