Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my Advent laptop with the SP3 update and have now been unable to get it to boot up, all I was getting was the XP start up screen then completely black screen with only the cursor showing. Couldn't get anywhere with the other options etc. safe mode, last good configuration, so used my recovery disc which has now given me a functioning laptop but how do I get at my original c disc??? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cazal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: After SP3 update

Yes it does an AMD Sempron 2800, can anything be done??? I've now got it running with my recovery disc and I can see all my original system but don't know if I can access it, I have looked at photos and documents that were saved on it but so far that's all. (I do have these all on back up discs). Cazal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: After SP3 update

Hi Rich, thanks for the help but none of those articles was of much use to me, since I wasn't getting any "error message" just a black empty screen. I have since used my recovery disc to reformat and re-install, before which I backed up My Docs. Thanks again for the advice, Cazal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.