Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently re-installed XP on my Gf's laptop and i have everything running fine EXCEPT for the touchpad is off, it moves really fast.

example, i scroll down the page see a link i try and point to it and click it and then the page goes down really fast or up really fast and its super annoying, right now im using a mouse because of it.

any reason why it would be doing this???

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Re: After clean Install of XP, touchpad reacts wierd?

Have you done this?

Since windows was re-installed the thing that has to be done is to install all of the special drivers like chipset, buss, network, audio, video and others, they can be installed in any order you wish and can be found on the system recovery disk set for the computer if it is an OEM like Compaq, Dell etc. or if you do not have a recovery disk set the drivers can be found on the manufacturers web site for either the motherboard or the manufacturer of the computers web site. You can download these drivers and burn to a CD-R and then install those following instructions to reboot when asked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Have you done this?

Since windows was re-installed the thing that has to be done is to install all of the special drivers like chipset, buss, network, audio, video and others, they can be installed in any order you wish and can be found on the system recovery disk set for the computer if it is an OEM like Compaq, Dell etc. or if you do not have a recovery disk set the drivers can be found on the manufacturers web site for either the motherboard or the manufacturer of the computers web site. You can download these drivers and burn to a CD-R and then install those following instructions to reboot when asked.
i already have all the drivers, well i dont have any yellow question marks or anything like that

its a compaq presario v2504US

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

damien11x = Very well said and besides touch pads are not the normal thing that have problems and require a bit of research and that takes time.

My suggestion is to contact the manufacturer of the computer tech support I think there might be a special driver or mod that has to be performed and the first people that would know is the manufacturers tech support. Worth the bucks spent in this case....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

well i know it makes me look desperate, but i havent posted every couple times then this thread would of been buried. = no help

But thank you for your advice ill try those suggestions out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.