Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i seem not to too see some parts of the websites that are being displayed and prompted to install the flash player/ adobe software !! i down load which all goes correct it then installs and then comes up with the dialog box saying error ? i have uninstalled that piece of software re -tryed to no avail and still get the message do i need to install something else ? am i missing something ? or do i need to uninstall all of the abode products and do a fresh install of all there products ? please help !:4-dontkno

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts
Re: adobe software

I've been running without Shockwave for a long time now. It seems to not be used much any more. I haven't had a single site ask for it. Flash is enough in most cases.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

im currently running the firefox and i have run the java app to check ! and it says the java is up to date , i also installed as directed aboe with shock player etc !, and flash to no avail still same problem .

·
TSF Emeritus
15,080 Posts

• Click Start, Click on Run
  • Type into run:
  • C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • Click Ok
  • Copy the Flash10I.ocx file and then paste it back in the same directory.
  • This effectively will give you two files; Flash.ocx and Flash10I.ocx, both the same file; although with a different name, in the same directory.

If that doesn't work try this:

• Click Start, click Run
  • Type this into run (or copy and paste)
  • C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash,
  • Double click on FlashUtil10I.exe
  • Follow the prompts and then restart your computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.