Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys. i used to use photoshop 5 before and am trying to get used to this new version as I want to make a more in depth website.
I am following a tutorial set oout for users of 5.0 or 6.0 (cs4 being 11.0) so i've been royally slow at learning.
currently i'm making some green buttons to put over the left sidebar. I am having trouble adding the gradient tool to it. i was getting an error that "layer is not editbale". I did manage to figure out mask layers and subtracting mask layer so that I could use the gradient tool on the button. however at some point it seems that I managed to change the tool (s) to greyscale only. I've tried rightclicking the top left corner and resetting all tools, after confirmation they all seem to be the same.
QUESTION:
how on earth do I get some gradient green colour in this button?!!!

srry I'm a forum noob, hope the link below wors (screenshot) red arrow pointing to the greyscale that i am trying to change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: dobe photoshop cs4 Extended problem (color pallet/gradient)

NVM, spend enough trying every option one at a time and every possible combination, and you're bound to get it. With a little help from know basic layering with adobe ps 5 was I able to do it.
WOW are these layers and masks/ mask options confusing compared to 5.0

(ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CLOSE A THREAD?) this wa smy first post

·
Moderator, Design Team
12,727 Posts
Re: dobe photoshop cs4 Extended problem (color pallet/gradient)

Glad you got it sorted - to mark the thread as solved click on "thread tools" button at top of thread and select mark as solved.
I think if you R click on the shape layer in layer palette and choose Rasterize you will have a colour palette for your gradients again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.