Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows ME Crashes
Sandra from Miami called asking for help with Windows Me. Her system constantly crashes and she wants to know why.

The biggest reason why Windows Me crashes is because it isn't a good operating system. It could also be crashing if you have a lot of icons in your system tray. I recommend seriously considering upgrading to XP. If you have your Windows Me system disk, then you just need to purchase the XP upgrade edition instead of the full version. You'll be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It's not that you have too many icons in your system tray. This is indicative that:

You have too many programs running and not enough memory/cpu to handle them all.

Check the system performance. Right click my computer and select properties. One of the tabs, I forget which, will tell you how your system is performing and what percentage of your resources are free.

If it's below 70%, you will start to run into problems. Close some programs. Do the ctl-alt-del to see what is running and close anything you don't need.

This may help.

Ps. It is generally agreed that ME is a @#%[email protected]$ OS.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pseudocyber....just highlighting what a national TV channel says on ME...not my problem:)...actually I think ME is a great system....with 1.9 PIV and 512 MB of RAM--- that is 3x its recommeded specs....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes geek tv is the best....

for thoes of you who cant get enough technology...

www.techtv.com

and even better if you get the channel...I come home at 5 and watch it while surfing till the wife comes home:winkgrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.