Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system is described in "My System" to the left.

I have a 5.1 setup with Logitech X-530 speakers and Creative SB X-fi Extreme Gamer. Up until recently its performed beautifully.

Now, my front Lt speaker is very quiet, while all the rest are fine. If I turn the treble up on the woofer, it becomes clearer but then I loose the bass.

Ive swapped the speakers around and the problem is only on the Lt speaker. I have the lastest drivers.

Ive unplugged and reinserted all the cables, reseated the sound card. Ive run the diags and reinstalled the hardware. The only thing I havent done is reinstalled the drivers.

Has anyone come across this before?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
De-nstalled both SB hardware and software and drivers Activated onboard sound and still had the problem.

Reinstalled SB hardware and software & drivers - no luck. Still quiet on the Lt front speak.

The speaker is okay - I switched the rear and front speakers and the new speaker has the same problem.

Hmmm,... its a conundrum

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those that may have / had the same problem...

This issue has suprisingly resolved itself.

Id all but given up and simply swapped out the speakers so the "quiet" one was now a rear speaker.

To my surprise I noticed yesterday that all speakers where operating at normal levels. I swapped the speakers around again and its still works.

Its a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.