Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Hd crashed! It was still under guarantee but my dealer doesn't want to make any efforts to retrieve my data from the broken HD. A new HD will only be given to me unless i give in the broken one with my data on it. I can't live with that so i decided to do something i've never done before: opening up a HD. It's the data that costs money btw, not the HD! what kind of a guarantee is that!!!

I had two old HD's and learned a lot from them by pulling them apart and rebuild them. I bought an other HD of the same type as my old one and started swapping parts to see if i could just make it turn again. It worked when i changed the printplate (chip) from the new one in the broken one...

When i put this HD back into my PC it will only work as slave, but the funny thing is it is showing my system the way it was a few months ago BEFORE my last format, not the way it was when my HD crashed!?!

Does anyone has an idea what happened here? Is there any software that will correct this and shows me what files i have on my HD? I'm getting pretty desperate at this point...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.