Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my motherboard, there is an orange light that is always on. It's the light that is supposed to indicate that I have an AGP2X card inserted, rather then a 4X or 8X, and that this may cause problems. But I have a Radeon 9800, 8X.

This just sprung up 2 weeks ago when, just for one hour, I placed an old Geforce 2 MX in here, just to test it. I put the Radeon back in, and this light has been there since. I have tried reinserting the card, making sure it's all hooked up right. I tried resetting the CMOS.

It doesn't seem to be affecting me in any way. I'm not getting any crashes during games or anything. So it may not be an issue at all. It's just kind of annoying because it's quite bright, shining through the side window. The light is on all the time, even when the power is off. It only turns off when the card is removed.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ericwaycotx said:
So what exactly is the problem?

As they say, "if its not broken don't fix it"
That's the point. I'm asking if I will ever have a problem. If there is any danger in leaving it alone. I mean there must be some reason why the motherboard is trying to warn me about it...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I suggest that you read the motherboard manual. If the board only support 2x video cards, don't insert 4x/8x video cards.. If it supports 2x/4x cards, then you can still insert an 8x video cards since this cards can use 4x speeds... Hope this helps.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engr said:
I suggest that you read the motherboard manual. If the board only support 2x video cards, don't insert 4x/8x video cards.. If it supports 2x/4x cards, then you can still insert an 8x video cards since this cards can use 4x speeds... Hope this helps.
Nope, not at all. I read the manual long ago. I know every inch of this mobo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.