Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i dont know what i did but i went into add remove windoows components and i was trying to uninstall outlook and msn cuz i dont need them. Ok the problem is that i must have messed something up because now sndvol.exe isnt on my pc and all my games are missing how do i do a coverup from my xp cd so that everthing that was on my pc when i installed windows will be on again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok if fixed them both. Just tell me if what i did was okay... I searched for sndvol32.exe and found it in c:\windows\lastgoods\system32 this had like the sound recorder and all the games and stuff in it. Which the games in the start menu are targeted at
%SystemRoot%\system32. so i dont know what this folder is? It has some dll files and control extention i dont know what it is but any ways. For the games i just dug a little deeper in the add\remove windows components and found them as a option under acssesories. So i checked the box. and installed them. In that last goods file there is a cursor folder and the original cursor folder in windows has none in it so i moved them there( I keped the other folder so i could move them back if needed) but i went to pointers and i can now use those cursors(they are just black) Where do i put the sound recorder .exe i dont know where that belongs. System32? I guess i could just keep it there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been everywhere with this, I can't find any reference to it. I have been (reliably?) informed that it's a Trojan of some kind. Anyone throw any light on that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.