Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed a few days ago that these icons were missing: http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=untitled.128.JPG (look on the left of the picture)

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=untitled.37f.JPG (also look on the left) PS: The "lol" profile you see there is just a test profile to see if the problem occured on that one too. It did. :(
Oh yeah, when you open the screenshots above, click on them again to see the full size version

Also, other icons missing in that same section are the ones that say "browse for more pictures" you know...

Any help is appreciated!

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

Do you see this behavior on your desktop, in win explorer or anywhere else with icons?

There is a repair routine available, but it resets them all to how they were when you first installed XP.

DO you have TweakUI installed from Windows XP Powertoys?

Have you ran any spyware/virus checkups yet?

I would do that in SafeMode just to be sure this isn't security issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think thats where it only happens. No I dont have TweakUI. I have ran virus and spyware checks, those turned out good.

OK I would like to know about this fix that resets all icons to how they were when I first installed XP. Unless it causes your installed programs to get deleted or something.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it seems that by mistake u have deleted the icons of your control panel n all...
Put your XP cd inside your cddrive and do overwrite...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, the control panel icons are fine. Those are the only missing ones. And I only have the SP2 CD, dont have the XP one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have got the exact same problem. Only those icons are missing. The pictures you showed are exactly like mine. The funny part is I can still click on em and they take me to the help screens but no icons. I have tried for a while to figure out this problem. Here is something weird to add to this problem. I have 3 other computers running win xp. My dell xps is running win xp mce sp3 and it has the same problem. My other computer which is a built machine running win xp pro sp2 doesn't have the same problem. The third machine has win xp home sp2 and it doesn't have the problem either. I did notice one thing and I am not sure if it helps or not. The top missing icon in your example here is supposed to be the two people icon like the one when you click on in the control panel user accounts. Now here is the odd part if I try and change a random icon on my desktop and use the nusrmgr.cpl file it has that icon in it. I don't know if the means anything. I hope I have made some sense here. Thanks for your help.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=untitled.37f.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.