Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cannot find the SM Bus driver anywhere on the motherboard disk. On bootup, the popup box keeps wanting to install it. I suspect that is why I have constant crash to desktops in online games. Really irritating!

Running ATI 9700 Radeon AIW, 1 gig PC2700 Samsung,

Used to thhink ASUS was the better MD designer, but this is crap!

am ready to junk this piece of crap mobo!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Goto the device manager, find the 'sm bus' device, right click on it, click on 'update driver', place your asus cd into the cd player and make it look on the cd for the driver. That's what I had to do and it worked fine.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sm bus driver

Thanks for the suggestion, but putting the mobo CD into the CD drive and trying to update the supposed missing driver does not work.

ASUS seems to stay the same, just keep coming out with new mobos to keep up with the competition, and one is left with buying an incomplete product.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's strange. I have the p4c800 deluxe and had to do what I said above. It installed it just fine. I'm having alot of troubles with this computer though. I'm not sure if its hardware related or software related. I keep on getting blue screen with memory dumps. I thought I fixed it by removing some faulty ram but it didn't do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its part of the Intel Driver thats on the Asus Disk. You need to install the Intel Chipset driver before installing any other drivers. SM Bus and other primary drivers are contained within the Intel Driver Chipset inf file. You could install it after you install vid card, sound, etc. but you may run into problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.