Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new PC running on M4A78T-E motherboard, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 5750 video card, Seagate Barricuda 7200 SATA hdd. Once I have finish building the PC and double all wirings which is on the right spot. When I insert the Windows 7 disk in, it took forever to get to installation menu and after I complete custom installation, the installation stuck when Windows expanding the files.

BIOS do recognize the hdd and is running on IDE mode. I have tried running on AHCI mode and same result. I am confused to the fact why the Windows 7 setup taking forever to install. I have tried to install Windows XP and it works but after the complete installations of OS including all necessarily drivers, when I booted up the Windows XP, it take while get to the main desktop.

When I boot from Acronis Disk Director Boot media, it doesn't recognise any hdd. I have build PC many times before but never seen this problems before.

Can anyone please help?

I suspect there is problems with communication between the OS and hdd. I don't know what I am missing on, Is there anything else should I tried. :sigh:

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
a clean install usually takes around 20 min

an upgrade install can take more than 6 hours to complete

the norm is to set the bios to see the drives as ide

when clean installing from one op. system to another run killdisk first then format and install

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.