Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a matsonic MS9127c mobo and a 2.88 pentium , temp is ok procc runs at 1.8 megs it has 1 gig ram 333 ddr , anyone know what is wrong , its new mobo and used proccessor :4-dontkno

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
you have a 2.8 ghz cpu >>> but its detected in the bios as a 1.8 ghz ????? is this correct ????

download everest home edition (free)
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en
then multi task your system for 20 minutes / to do this run a spyware scanner, anti virus scanner and defrag all at the same time >>> after 20 minutes record your system temps, cpu temps and system voltages and paste them into here ? this is done best by sending you everest report to notepad or wordpad then copy and paste just the info requested above

what bios version are you running ??????

what is the make and model of your PSU ????

we will wait to hear from you to get to the bottom of your problem

regards'

joe

regards

joe

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Check what type of CPU you have. You may have a P4 CPU that runs at 800MHz FSB. Your mother board will only support 400MHz and 533MHz FSB. It sounds like the CPU is being downgraded to 1.8GHz because it is running on a 533MHz FSB.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Crazijoe caught me sleeping AGAIN !!!!! :sleep:

he is right as usual :sayyes: your mobo isnt capable of fully tapping the capabilities of your processor / you cpu must "slow" down to "play" with you mobo

If it were me and youre not tight on cash I would look on ebay for a model or two newer board than the one you have that will support 800mhz FSB and dual channel ram. If you dont get carried away you should be able to find a reasonable priced board on ebay / dont hesitate to buy used as long as the seller has sufficient high feedback scores to establsih him as honest / thats where the "deals" are my friend >>> buying components that are just old enough that they are no longer the HYPE of the PC world !!

goodluck and dont hesitate to ask questions ( i promise I will try to stay alert >>>> especially knowing Joe is watching LOL )

cheers

joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.