Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird problem. My PC is still running, boots up, works but is slow. I left for the weekend and when I came back something happend. My HD started running really slow. I noticed a message that wasn't there last week that popped up at boot after IDE auto detect.
"Scan devices, please wait...
No RAID
Ctr 10 Chn 10 Master
WDC WD 2500JS - 55MHB1 - SATA mode
**this next part was written in yellow if that matters**
Press <TAB> key into user window! If you want to install Linux Default partition RAID driver, please do not use OPROM creation operation"
This was Russian to me. I did nothing to the computer at all. My girlfriend did try switching some sound jacks in the back, which I noticed she pulled the sound card out of the PCI slot. Maybe that hit something? I was reading around and I read to try a new ribbon cable, but my cable is only a 1/2 inch wide cable, a SATA serial I think?
In the BIOS in the IDE settings only my DVD writer is shown. My HD is no where to be seen. I can find my HD in the Device manager, but not in the BIOS. I tried switching the IDE settings back to default with no luck, nothing changed. I tried uninstalling the HD driver, rebooted, didn't work. Tried switching the HD from the SATA - 1 spot to the SATA-2 spot. Nothing. The weirdest part is, it still runs. But It takes for ever to load up Windows, and when I play Battlefield 2 it takes about 4x as long as before to start up, not to mention the laoding music plays in slow mo! The game itself glitches a bit when I play, but it's still playable. I didn't do any of this when I left Friday. I heard somewhere that maybe when the PCI sound card came out that she could have grounded the motherboard? I have no idea! Any suggestions would help! Thanks

Machine specs
Windows XP Home OEM
2Max AA01 ATX Case w/ 450W PSU Black
EVGA e-GeForce 7600GS 256MB w/ Passive Heatsink DDR2 PCI-E
Pioneer 111 DVDRW Dual-Layer 16X +/- Black, OEM
Western Digital 250GB SATA-2 Hard Drive 7200rpm 8MB Cache
Samsung 2x1GB 667MHz PC5400 DDR2 DIMM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Skt AM2
ASRock AM2V890-VSTA VIA K8T890 CF AM2 Motherboard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Add on

To add something. I am running in Ultra DMA mode, not PIO. as best as I can tell anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would I clear my BIOS? I don't know too much about RAID Configuration.... I'm a newbie when it comes to BIOS stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What would you suggest the best way to do that is? Holding the insert key at Boot, or removing the battery?

·
Registered
351 Posts
removing the battery
then switch the pin
also while doing that unplug it from the back so theres absolutly No power or enything to ur motherboard
and let it sit for like 10 mintues so it can completly drain out.

Cause i know how much it sucks not playin bf2 ;) lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice! I'll try it when I get home from work tonight. Hopefully I can find the pin I need to switch that you are talking about. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have you ever heard of that message that I got on start up? Why would it say anything about Linux? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
351 Posts
The pin should be right next to the Battery
its a 3 prong.
just move it one over
if tehres eny troubles finding it try and get back on here and ask i should be here all day

No i have never heard of that problem before
computers are strange i swear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to get the battery out, it wouldn't come. I saw the pins that you were talking about though. This is really confusing me. When I start up the HD light goes like crazy until the system completely finishes booting up. Never used to be like that.

Could something have happened when the PCI sound card got dislodged?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Im guessing When the sound card got dislodged that it mighted shorted out alittle bit. causein gthat in the bios.
They battery wouldnt come out?
Its cand of hard can u get like a tool or sumthing and retry it ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re:missing IDE master in BIOS

I noticed a message that wasn't there last week that popped up at boot after IDE auto detect.
"Scan devices, please wait...
No RAID
Ctr 10 Chnl1 Master
ST3160211A - SATA mode
**this next part was written in yellow if that matters**
Press <TAB> key into user window! If you want to install Linux Default partition RAID driver, please do not use OPROM creation operation"
In the BIOS in the IDE settings only my DVD writer is shown. My HD is no where to be seen. I can find my HD in the Device manager, but not in the BIOS. I tried switching the IDE settings back to default with no luck, nothing changed. I tried uninstalling the HD driver, rebooted, didn't work. I have no idea! Any suggestions would help! Thanks

Machine specs
1GB 400MHz DDR1 DIMM
AMD Athlon 64
160 GB HDD
ABV-VM Asus Motherboard
VIA VT8251 Chipset
thanks
baskar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.