Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys please help . my pc takes forever to boot up and when i have more than one programe running this slows the whole thing down. ive done the hijackthis log and everything seems to be ok there. My pc used to be fast! any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Try getting a registry cleaner. After a while, programs that get installed and then uninstalled the registr can get very congested. A cleaner will clean it and get it back into good condition. Defragment the hard drive and clean out all of your temp files.

Regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks do you know of any free registry cleaners ive already defraged the hard drive. its only been slow since i put the new hard drive in as the old one broke. im pretty clueless really.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Any registry cleaner can be dangerous using if you are a novice. Start>run>type msconfig see whats starting and running with your system. Are you using norton?

·
TSF Enthusiast
601 Posts
hi, I downloaded C Cleaner last year and didn't have to pay, there may well be a version that is paid for but there is defo a free version. It's come to my aid a time or two so I can recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.