Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Sony laptop with Vista. last week i upgraded to vista from Xp. When i was using Xp i had not problem in making calls on skype . But ever since i moved to vista it wont recognise my mic. But i can talk on skype with the laptops inbuilt mic . I have neabled and disabled and then re enabled the microphones but still nothing. I have realtek sound drivers installed on my comp . btw i also tried other voip softwares to talk but it just didnt work .. I dont know what to do, please help! :(

·
Registered
655 Posts
my onboard mic was screwed. Do you have realtek HD audio input/output?
Its what i had, vista installed it all, was so happy then mic and line in wouldnt work.
I had to download the actual realtek drivers from..realtek.
Installed the HD part of the sound plus a utility and bingo :)

Or even simpler..is your mic turned on in audio properties..silly question but overlooked alot :) also does it have the mic boost

let us know

·
Registered
46 Posts
Control Panel--->Sound--->Recording tab, two microphones must be there... one the inbuilt mic and other the external mic... when u use external mic, set it as default, it should say "working" with a green tick on its name...then click on properties, confirm if Under Default Format , the lowest sample rate and bit depth available, such as 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). set the boost as +20 dB. Njoy Skype then...

also, if the name of both the mics are same in recording tab, change the one for external..."e.g. Microphone-External".... will work... As vista doesn't recognise two different mic devices with same name and will priortize internal over external...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have downloaded the new drivers from realtek that did not work. I did the whole re namin checking all the different settings that did still not work. Any other suggestions? :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.