Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my sitemap, im pretty new into making a website. I know in order for the traffic to pick up i need to fix my sitemap. ive tried everything i could think of, im to where i need help

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i want to set it up to where i can get more traffic to my site, i feel like if i can fix my sitemap the right way maybe ill get more but like i said im really new to making a website. I did one o those sitemap generators and it came up with some errors

·
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,099 Posts
That's a great find Laxer. It covers the things I would suggest. One thing I found looking at the source code is no keyword tag. This is vital to SEO. The code is ver simple.
<META name="your keywords"> This is what google, yahoo, bing and all then look for. Try the plug-in that Lexar recommended and let us know if that's included.

You also want to register with the search engines. You can go to gogle webmaster tools. It'll give you the option to "Add a Site" Type in the URL and it'll give you the choice between uploading an html file to your root folder, or adding a META tag. I usually choose to add a META tag to the META section of the head. Then you go back to Google webmaster tools and click to verify site. If it finds the code you're set. Yahoo and Bing have similar settings if you just search for add a site. Almost all other search engines operate off of google, yahoo, and Bing. Let us know how Lexars plugin works for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i tried that plugin you guys suggested and i already almost doubled thw views on my website... Thanks a lot for the help, im gonna see if i can find a better more colorful theme too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.