Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I'll level with you.... I know a fair amount about computers, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to graphics cards. I currently play TS2 on a Packard Bell with Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.8GHz and NVidia GeForce 7300 and it runs well enough for me.

However..... this computer isn't mine and now I have to buy my own. My budget is only up to £500 but since I can't find anything that matches the above PC for my budget, I'm lost!

Would it make any sense to buy a slightly cheaper PC that has enough RAM, hard drive space and just enough clock speed and then buy a good graphics card on top of that?? One example I was looking at is: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=952086&category_oid=

If so, does anyone have any suggestions as to what graphics card I might want to buy? I heard the GeForce 9600 might be ok??

Thanks for any help you can give me! :-D

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
When you buy prebuilt machines they generally have junk power supplies in them , they usually are not good enough for any kind of video card to be installed. Oem's do this especially (dell , hp , compaq , ect...). What you would be looking for is a pc with a regular style atx case to support a new power supply to power your video card that you want to install.

That iMedia D3318 will work , but I cannot confirm anywhere if it has a pci-e slot for a video card or not. It most likely does but still cannot confirm it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.