Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've had an Advent laptop for 3/4 year now, and wherever i go there seems to be no wireless network detected, up until recently i thought this was just bad luck. But now i found that there are networks it should detect but it wont :( And when i look in the properties of the card it says its position is summat like 'pci slot 1, function 0'

Now the 'function 0' bit sounds binary for off, but i have no idea how to turn it on, help??

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
Have you checked in Device Manager to see if the drivers for the wireless hardware are correctly installed? have you opened the network properties and tried to configure the wireless networks?

Open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Check to see how you enable the wireless on this laptop.

Some laptops have physical switches for enabling the wireless and some laptops have soft keys or Ctrl/Fn keys.

JamesO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JamesO said:
Check to see how you enable the wireless on this laptop.

Some laptops have physical switches for enabling the wireless and some laptops have soft keys or Ctrl/Fn keys.

JamesO
i have an advent 1.2ghz, and can't find anything in the docs about a switch :?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Right click on the Wireless Icon under Network Connections and make sure it is enabled?

Also check in Device Manager that JW mentioned. Does your wireless adapter appear in the list and does not have a yellow question mark?

Also we would like to see the ipconfig /all results.

JamesO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.