Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

When I play SC4 Deluxe everything runs perfectly with sharp detailed textures and everything until I zoom in to the closest level (5 zoom levels in the game, my problem being with the 5th), the buildings and all other non-moving objects would appear blurred and jagged like nothing loaded all the way yet the moving objects would still appear normal and still run smoothly. And when I'd zoom back out to the other 4 levels everything would appear normal again.

Its not just the CD because before I bought it I downloaded it illegally (bad I know) and it had the same problem but I thought the game was just corrupted resulting me in purchasing the game with no stop to the problem.

I also tried all the in-game settings with no prevail.

My cpu runs with a Vista 32 bit and NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G graphic card.

Please help, I really really like this game and it depresses me to know that I cant play it to its fullest. :sigh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Can you take a screenshot of the problem?
Um how do you take screenshots?..... i know im a noob! ^^;;
I used the screenshot feature of SC4 but their pics are too small to make out the bad texture.

Oh and I also found out just now that the problem persists in other zoom levels when the city size increases..

EDIT: actually its happening everywhere now o_o!!!

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have tried every in-game setting there is and still see no difference. And I currently have DirectX 10. But thanks anyway for taking your time trying to help me out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Um how do you take screenshots?..... i know im a noob! ^^;;
I used the screenshot feature of SC4 but their pics are too small to make out the bad texture.

Oh and I also found out just now that the problem persists in other zoom levels when the city size increases..

EDIT: actually its happening everywhere now o_o!!!
Nevermind this post. While playing around with the settings I accidentally left the texture quality on low, causing everything to appear jagged. I set it back to high but that still doesnt solve problem #1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How would I downgrade dx10 to dx9? I did research and everywhere I looked it said dx10 for vista is unremovable as it stays in the registry even after unistallation. I heard there was a DirectX 9.0Ex/DirectX 9.0L that was designed to play older version DX games for vista but there is no link for it yet.

Im just worried it might screw up my system if I do remove dx 10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.