Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this brief:

> Upgraded GFX cards to 2 x Asus EAH4980 (ATI Radeon HD4890 architecture) from NVidia 8800GTS

> Performed full format on HD and reinstalled Windows Vista X64 Home Premium as well as SP1 and SP2

> Installed chipset drivers etc.

> Installed bundled VGA drivers (8.592)

> Installed miscellaneous software/games

System was running very stable and performing well in Benchmarking tests and games. I then tried to update the VGA drivers to the latest versions, first from ATI's own website - Catalyst 9.8 with VGA driver displayed in Device Manager as 8.640 - and then from Asus' website - displayed as 8.630 in Device Manager.

No matter what drivers I update to I am met with BSOD errors as soon as I try to run any kind of media on my PC. The dump files/dxdiag info etc. is attached to this post.

Upon investigation I note that one driver is not loading and is listed as 'not digitally signed', namely

ATKDispLowFilter.sys

This driver is an AsusTek release. It appears to load ok before I perform these driver updates. I can find no reference to any issues with it either on Asus' forums or elsewhere so this doesn't appear to be a common problem.

I've tried to locate a signed version of the driver to no avail.

Any solution would be very much appreciated.

Phil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

System Info:

Asus Rampage Formula MB
Intel Q9550 45nM
Nvidia 4x1Gb SLi RAM
2 x Asus EAH4890 VGA (running in Crossfire)
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.