Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently built a computer with a MSI KT3 Ultra motherboard. Everthing's fine except for the fact that the system is not recognizing this game controller. I've gone to MSI's website but could not find a driver that would possibly help this. I'm taking for granted that Microsoft doesn't support this controller anymore since I couldn't find it anywhere on their site. Do you guys think it is just that time to get another 'updated' stick or is there some driver out there that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I think you should give This a shot I found it on the MS website search.... It should have the latest everything you need, and if that doesn't work we'll go from there... but you should Uninstall/Reinstall rather than installing over the software and driver you already have.... Welcome to the Tech Support Forums (TSF)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but it says that "setup did not detect a game port."
I've gone to the Online Users Guide and still no luck. Thanks for replying, though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What version of DirectX so you have?

Do you have something else that you could plug into that port to see if its the port that is broken?

Did you uninstall the software and drivers for it before you tried the new software/Driver?

Did games detect it before you did all of this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have DirectX 8.1. I don't have anything else to test with the game port but have also tried 4 USB ports that I know are working. I installed the software that came with the stick and then, when that didn't work, tried v3.02 that you linked me to. What I really don't understand is that the device manager is telling me that the device is working properly and there is no conflicts. Do you think this could be a soundcard incompatibility issue? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow! I'm sorry dude... I must have missed your post. If it supports USB, but doesn't work in USB... then I don't know what to tell you other than start looking for deals.... The only time I ever saw windows tell me something wasn't working properly was when the drivers were corrupt/not properly installed so that doesn't mean much... but I mean if the stick doesn't work in USB or game port than....WOW I think it's screwed.... Hopefully I can get some other opinions before you start shopping... but an incompatible soundcard should have nothing to do with it working on the USB ports....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.