Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently built a new pc with the following specs:
ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe Mobo
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 x800 RAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Windsor 3.0Ghz Socket AM2
Dual XFX 7900GS video cards
Everything else is from my old system. DVD Rom, CD Rom, HDD, PSU.
The PSU is a Cooler Master 500W from CompUSA.

I was able to boot the pc and install the mobo CD. I am having issues with the computer just shutting down. One minute it is working fine, the next the PC just shuts down with no warning. It will immediately power back up with no problems. I have monitored temps and all are within specs. The case has 5 fans and I also have a large CPU fan/heatsink.

Also, I attempted to go into the BIOS screen when posting by pressing the DEL key, but the computer just shuts down. Now this I find strange, I cannot get into the BIOS screen without the computer shutting down.

On some occasions it will stay on, 5 hours the other day while I was at work, but as soon as I tried to play COD4 it shut down.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just unplugged everything from the computer. The only thing left plugged in is the CPU fan, HDD, Video Cards and it still shuts down when trying to enter the BIOS upon booting.

Would a PSU have an effect on entering BIOS?? Immediately after hitting DEL to enter BIOS, it attempts to enter the BIOS and then just shuts down. I cleared the CMOS, but with the same results.

I do not want to spend 100+ on another PSU if that is not the problem. I would have already, but the BIOS thing has got me wondering.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Brian

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
dual cards need a amp output on the 12+ lines of 36amps yours has 2x16 whch gives an available amount of 26-28amps

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
they are new to the market to early to make a valid judgement on them what has been posted has been positive at the price i would go with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.