Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I try to shutdown my computer, it restarts instead. I even tried to hold down the power button, but it still restarts instead. I gave it to my friend to look at it, and he said it was either a hardware problem or I should buy a new power adapter to check and see if that is the problem. (I recently had a power outage because of a storm, but my computer was plugged into a power surge!!) Should I even try to buy a power adapter, or is this case hopeless? My warranty expired just 4 months ago, so I would have to buy another desktop. Booooo, I say.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The storm very possible damaged your PSU and possibly other hardware.

PC Specs?
Pre-Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built-Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi uvcurt,

Please post your computer specs to the best of your knowledge. If you want, you can even download a good program called "Speccy" that will list your computer specs for you. Here is the link to the program: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Posting your computer specs will definitely help better troubleshoot your computer issue. Your computer was shutting down fine obviously right before the storm?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The OP can't install or run any apps if the PC won't boot to the OS.

Every time I try to shutdown my computer, it restarts instead. I even tried to hold down the power button, but it still restarts instead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Specs-
CPU: AMD K8 43 degC, 65 nm Technology
RAM: 2.0 GB Dual Channel DDR2 @ 300MHz( 6-6-6-18)
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 03D1TV (CPU 1) 42 degC
Graphics: ([email protected]), ATI video (Dell)
Hard Drives: 244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAJS-75M0A0 ATA Devices (SATA)
Optical Drives: TSSTCorp DVD+-RW TS-L633C ATA Device
Audio: High Definition Audio Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.