Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graphics Error on bootup

I noticed when I booted up my Call of Duty today, the graphics were that of if I needed to update my driver. So instead I decided to reboot just in case. I reboot, everything's normal, windows starts to load up, I see my desktop, then 10 seconds later, BAM!
My entire screen turns all shades of blue and it looks like a TV when you put it on a non-existing channel - pure static. This happens for 20 seconds and then my monitor turns black.

I have no idea what to do. I tried unplugging my monitor and that wasn't the problem. I would attempt to install a driver but I can't boot up...

The odd thing is the first time I booted up with this, it turned blue and then it went away and I was playing some Counter Strike, however my computer would freeze for 5 seconds about every 30 seconds and then on one freeze my computer turned off, now I get this error. (Sounds like overheating - but I just cleaned my dust)

Thanks.

Specs:Geforce 6600LE x 2
Windows XP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm pretty sure that computers will shutdown if their temps go too high. With that being said, my computer keeps shutting down after about 30-40 minutes in game (Call of duty).

First thing I did was made sure to clean out the dust. The problem didn't happen for another day or so. Then it keeps happening.

The reason why I don't think it is overheating is that maybe about a year ago, I had proof that I was overheating, and shutting down wasn't the side-effect. My ingame performance was really choppy and slow (FPS wise). Currently, my performance is perfect until the point in which my computer just zaps off. Not a shutdown, it just powers off in a second as if someone pulled the plug.

Does anyone have any tips, methods, etc in order for me to fix this problem? Obviously you're going to say fans, but the computer was working fine for over 3 years without fans - why now?

Any information is helpful - thanks!

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
I have merged your two thread since you are talking about one problem that causes multiple issues with you.

Now, download and run SensorviewPro and report the voltages. Also, check the temps when you first boot up and then after you have played a game for a few minutes. Report those findings back here.

We also need your specs including your power supply watts and brand name.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have merged your two thread since you are talking about one problem that causes multiple issues with you.

Now, download and run SensorviewPro and report the voltages. Also, check the temps when you first boot up and then after you have played a game for a few minutes. Report those findings back here.

We also need your specs including your power supply watts and brand name.
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/3995/voltsjl4.png
Processor: AMD Athlon64 3500+ 2.21 GHZ
GFX:2xGeforce 6600LE
Memory:512MB
Windows XP

The PSU is an Enermax - I just had my case open, and I'd have to open it again to check the specs. Let me know if this is 100 percent necessary. I know the PSU can handle my rig as it has for a long time - it might just be faulty. (Sorry for the laziness).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is
and because it has handled it for a long time would make it suspect,they don't last forever
try it with one card in at a time
Yeah, sorta like a rechargeable battery?

And as for the driver corruption when it fails - do you think this is just because of the improper way the computer turns off or what? I wouldn't mind so much but it's just a pain in the *** to reinstall everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.