Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a problem with winlogon.exe. When I boot up, I get a message telling me that it encountered and error and had to close. Other than that the system boots fine, so I thought little of it.

However, when I shut down, I get another error message telling me that "The instruction at "0x5ad71375" reference memory at "0xffffffff. The memory could not be "read"". After this I get a blue screen and "c0000219" fatal system error.

Microsoft has a page about it that tells you to use Doctor Watson, but I can't make any sense of that. I tried the last known good config too but I get the same error. A few other forums have told me that the two errors are definately connected, and that it could be something to do with new software or drivers that have gone wrong, but I wouldn't know where to start with that.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Lets start here:

Go to
start
run
type
cmd
in command prompt type: chkdsk /r (press enter)
error cannot lock harddisk
would you like to run checkdisk on next reboot?...type: Y (press enter)
Go ahead and reboot pc right now so it will run please.

Did this fix the issue or issues?
If this didnt fix the issue then proceed on......Download this file here:

http://www.memtest86.com/

run a ram test: In order to do this you will need to:

remove all of the ram sticks from the pc, run test on 1 stick at a time to test it,
each one separately, run 3 - 4 passes atleast before coming to any assumptions?

please post here with results, and this is sort of time consuming so it will take alot of patience to perform these tests, however these tests are necessary in determining
the problem or problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.