Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of weird stuff keeps happening to my computer. Just today the shut down button disappeared only leaving me to log off, which then from there I can shut down. Also at the same time when I try to open task manager it says it has been disabled. I only shut down my computer on occasion because I only like to hibernate it which I know is bad and leads to self destruction of OS files. Could it just be a virus? I do have over 34,158 unrepairable errors that counterspy detected, which I think just might be my new record. Any good anti-virus software or help to find my task manager and such?
Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
It has come to my attention that you show the symptoms of a malware issue. I and this forum are not specifically trained in the removal of malware so I will now teach you the steps to transfer your case to the Hijackthis Log Help Forum. Follow the steps in this link: (Updated!) IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting A Log and post your results in the Hijackthis Log Help Forum. Follow the steps to the best of your ability and if you have an issue with one of the steps then include information on it with your new topic. Please give time as our analysts are very busy working with cases and other forum things.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Techpro had some great advise there. In addition to following the 5 steps provided by techpro you can download the files below to re-enable your access to the disabled areas of your computer. Note that the files below will not solve your problem, they will only let you back into system areas so you can clean your system. You should still follow the 5 steps as posted by Techpro.

To run a file, double click on it. When prompted, click Yes.

Re-Enable Task Manager (.reg)

Re-Enable Shut Down Computer option (.reg)

Also, if you get a "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator" or similar error when attempting to run the files above download this file (Right Click Save Target As - .vbs script) and run. After running you should be able to run the above files.

Follow the 5 steps as previously suggested to clean your system.
BMR777

T

·
0 Posts
@BMR: Great suggestion and congratulations on hitting 1000 posts :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The registry file you gave worked, but then it did it again a week later. Now it says my registry cannot be modified. I just need my task manager to work. aaahhh... I hate malware, why do they do these ridiculous acts?

T

·
0 Posts
To make money :grin:, but none the less follow the malware steps to clean your system as malware is stopping your full access to your PC. This will probably be cleared up as soon as your system is cleaned.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You need to run the 5 Steps to remove Spyware. The files will not fix your problem, only re-enable your access. I have a full list of these files here, run the ones you need and then IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE 5 STEPS TO REMOVE SPYWARE link in my sig below. Your access will be blocked again and again unless you fix the underlying infection.

BMR777

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.