Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m hoping someone can help me. I can no longer access ShopSafe, my preferred way of shopping on line.

ShopSafe upgraded its software about three weeks ago. A week after that I found my access to ShopSafe was gone. On my desktop, a white dialog box now appears, saying ”ShopSafe is temporarily unavailable from your desktop. You can access ShopSafe from online banking.”

When I go online, whether it’s at Bank of America or IBSnetaccess.com, and click on USE SHOPSAFE, all I get is a blank window with a small box containing a red X which indicates a missing graphic.

This occurs on my laptop and on my desktop computers. That means the problem is not with either of my computers. I called ShopSafe Technical support. The guy there told me ShopSafe would be down for a week. So, a week and a half later I called them only to find out there never was a problem on their end.

This time I spoke with a guy named Steve. Steve denies the problem is with ShopSafe software. Instead, Steve had me deleting files and making checks, but when he wanted me to reconfigure my router and modem, I pulled the plug on him.

Clearly, the ShopSafe technical personnel are not proficient in fault isolation. Moreover, I have the impression Steve was looking for any excuse not to address a bug in the software that suddenly made ShopSafe incompatible with both my computers.

I access the Internet through Verizon FIOS (fiber-optic network). My laptop goes through a FIOS WIFI router. My desktop is directly connected. FIOS is the only thing my two computers have in common. I suspect the ShopSafe Software is incompatible with FIOS. I asked Steve to confirm or refute my suspicion. He wouldn’t do it.

I am frustrated beyond measure. I’d appreciate it if someone would advise me on the following:

- Has anyone else complained anywhere else with this problem?
- Can anyone provide me with a point of contact higher than Steve in the ShopSafe hierachy to whom I might complain?
- Can anyone direct me to a place on the Web that might help re-gain access to ShopSafe?
- Does anyone know of any security setting that might cause this problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.