Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Foxit reader to open PDF Files. I notice that the application shakes when I open the document, meaning it goes back and forth and then it settles. When I move the document with the mouse it shakes a little too.

The same thing with MS OE, I notice a shaking when I open the program, I am not sure if that is normal.

My monitor is an LCD 17inch from acer and almost three years old. When no application is open there is no shaking.

Also, I open a word document and the two small flags which I placed in the document shake when I open the document.

What is causing this? It is the monitor (Doubtfull) the Graphic Card (built inside the mainboard) Mainboard is Asus and it less than one year old, or something else?

Please help

Many many thanks:pray:

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
Does this happen at all monitor resolutions and colour depths?
Change your settings and open the documents again. Also try lowering the ideo adapters refresh rate.

Have you added any new electrical equipment to the room where your monitor is? I once saw a screen that was "shaking" this was caused by a large power supply behind an adjacent wall in a factory. It may be some type of magnetic interference, but this is not common in a home environment.

Try different video settings first and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very grateful for your quick response. :smile:

This is the resolution which I use: 1280X1204 32bit color 60 hertz.

I never experienced any problems before.

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
You will see some flicker at 60Hz. 72 Hz and above is better for your eyes, but you may have to drop resolution to get higher refresh rates.

Im on a 17" monitor and work at 1024x768 32bit but 100Hz refresh rate. My screen is CRT not LCD.
HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.