Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a new Laptop with Windows XP Pro installed on it and when I came to play the Fifth Element PC game on it I get the following error message:

The driver of a PowerVR 3D card has been detected, but the hardware could not be initialized.

Please remove the file SGL.DLL from your WINDOWS and WINDOWS/SYSTEM directory and try again.

That error message gives rubbish advice though. Firstly my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobilty Card and secondly the file SGL.DLL does not exist on my computer at all... let alone in the 2 directories it specifies in the error message.

I know this game is not a very popular game etc etc... but I like it alot and there is no official website or community for the game so I have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is / how to fix it.

I have tried compatibility mode and still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

- Mark

·
Registered
376 Posts
In your search for SGL.DLL, did you look in hidden folders and system files?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. Just recently my dad installed a selection of new software onto our PC, including Windows XP. I felt like playing fifth element, out of complete randomness, and so attempted to install it on our PC. If installed fine, or so i thought, however, i was then to learn that infact something had not gone quite right. When opening the game it came up with the same message, what the hell am i supposed to do about that?! :4-dontkno so i searched the computer, including the hidden files, etc, and the file SGL.DLL does not exist anywhere on my PC. could anyone tell me what to do??? it would be much appreciated.

JediMark, i know you posted your thread aaaages ago and you've probably moved on from the issue, but were you able to fix it? and if so.... how did you do it?

Thank you very much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.