Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

For some reason, I have numerous Task Manager windows opening by themselves. When I go to them, the 'End Task' is not a clickable box. It is greyed out. The only thing I can do is move them down to the bottom of the task bar. When I press 'Ctrl Alt Del' to bring up the Task Manager, it just creates another one. Has anyone seen this? I don't know where to start to determine how they are getting created, and I don't know how to eliminate them. I end up creating more by trying to eliminate with 'Ctrl Alt Del'. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Lynne

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Download and run Adaware, Spybot S&D, and TrendMicro's free online virus scan, because this sounds like a virus. Normally I would just redirect you to that section of the forums, but they seem awfully swamped as of late.

You can get links for those programs in my signature below, make sure to update your virus and spyware definitions before scanning, and be sure to do a deep system scan.

If the problem remains, visit the "Security Anti-virus HijackThis" forum linked below

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.