Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone translate this for me?

You think that's gonna scare me off? You think you claiming your sister works for McAfee is going to prove anything? Come into our IRC channel and we'll see what happens fatboy. You think you can trace me from 6 hops and 10 bnc's? You think I'd hit you with my own box? *** kind of idiot are you? You obviously don't know jack happy about how the infastructure of the internet works, and because of these idiotic statements I doubt your sister works for McAfee. Besides the fact that they're an ANTI-VIRUS company. I never said I'd virus you newbie. And there's no ANTI-VIRUS that can stop UDP packets newbie. There's very few fire walls that can. And even the one's that can have to be on EXTREMELY high bandwidth networks. You got an OC3 coming out of your basement BOY? Don't think so . You got Oracle's network security on your lowly PC? Don't think so.
The guy that wrote this has been threatening to hack me and i am new to detecting foreign users. What is the best way to detect foreign users? And what is the best way to keep him out?

Also, what is the best tracer program.... i like the one seen in http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4939 what is it?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hmm...did you get this by email ? the one that you see on the other post might be web based... there is hundreds of websites out there that offer services like traceroute, DNS dig and such

http://www.opus1.com/www/traceroute.html

http://www.analogx.com/contents/dnsdig.htm

As for as what he was writing, IRC is internet relay chat, mostly used for chatting, sometimes for other things too..Tracing from 6 hops and 10 bnc's is basically tracing back the connection trough all the servers he hits to get to you...hitting you with his own box means, hacking you with his own computer, and so on...did you do anything to piss him/her off ? What OS do you have ? do you have any firewalls ?

oh, btw, welcome to the forums !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, i beat him pretty bad in a game of Jedi Knight 2... multiplayer.... and he tends to rip on people, so i ripped on him a lil... he got really ticked off cause a lot of other peeps dont like him.... the clan that he's in are really snots...... anyways, i have a firewall in my router, and BlackICE protection.... ive had it on high alert for a lil while.... i have windows xp pro btw i think he tried to hit me.... blackICE displayed this message....

Time, Event, Intruder, Count
3/29/2003 5:47:50 PM, UDP_Probe_Other, 64.94.11.148, count: 25

aren't hack threats illegal? and is there a way i can find out where this guy is?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well I don't know much about hackers. Their whole stupid mentality pi$$es me off anyway. Don't know if he's some 12 year old genius or some 12 year old script kiddie.

As far as UDP goes, it is User Datagram Protocol. There's nothing special about it - it's the counter part to TCP - Transmission Control Protocol. Some things use TCP and some use UDP. They both are one "layer" higher than IP. UDP is used by things which don't need error checking - it is left to higher level appilications and protocols to handle. For instance, TFTP is quicker over UDP than FTP over TCP.

Regardless, he's throwing around a lot of jargon in an attempt to impress you.

As in real life, it's just not worth the effort to waste air talking to such nimrods.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
HACKERS? PFFFT

well, i have a few things to say, and they might sound sorta snide, but i swear i am not meaning them that way. i am just sorta tired of there being so many "Dumb Users"

and let me start by saying that i am also one of them most days.

1. omg, who cares about hacks? Do you have files that are important, private, or somehow illegal or incriminating?

2. if you suspect that your pc has been hacked, or it is acting funny all of a sudden, why dont you simply reinstall? typical answer = "I dont have all of my drivers, and i don't want to lose my data." OMFG why dont you have your drivers?, and why isnt your data backed up?

3. people need to quit thinking of a machine that is to be installed once, and once only. i reinstall my machine on a semi regular schedule simply because it runs best after an install. any machine will. after visiting websites that auto install plug ins, and downloading things you dont want on your machine, it is a wonderful thing to simply wave goodbye to all of your windows problems, and simply start it over. many people buy a machine and then use it for forever always installing and uninstalling software, and hardware, and this website and that one, and dont even know what has happened to their registry files and such. the stuff starts to look like swiss cheese, and it runs like a Ford. the easiest way to impress someone is to reinstall their machine, they always are amazed at how fast it runs things, and how fast it starts. i keep track of how long my system took to start, and when it exceeds 30 seconds from power switch untill the wait pointer stops, i reinstall it. i do not tolerate my machine running like a Ford.

4. most people who buy a computer must think they dont need to know how to work on it, "thats what friends are for" they think as they buy some peice of integrated crap. AAHHHHH! NOOOO! it is NOT your friends job to save you. if you feel you need to be saved, then call out for Captain Kirk. LOL

5. remember that as long as software is based on programming that the public understands, there will be people who exploit the weaknesses of said programming. and no matter how hard they try to make software to stop hacking, the hackers learn how to manipulate That softwares weaknesses. it is a never ending cycle. that is what you get when you have a machine that thinks it is thinking for itself. I DARE YOU TO PUT A VIRUS ON A TELEGHRAPH. LOL.

6. As far as hacking, WAHHH! if someone hacked me they wouldnt get S**T out of it. there is nothing on my machine. just the OS and Messengers. so hack me, probe me, scan me, infect me, corrupt me, I'll just take an hour and a half out of my day and reinstall. but please, please, dont kill my hard disk, i might have to spend 30 dollars on a bigger one, since no one sell the less-than-5 gig hard disk anymore, not even used. LOL :D

P.S. i killed my hard disk d: a few days ago, i was writing to it, and i forgot and shut my machine off. now i am back down to 2 gigs. LOL

:D:D:DHACKERS?:D:D:D

Untouchable Simplicity
~BoB~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.