Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tring to put in a second hard drive. The second one i want to put in, is an old one. IT had Windows Me. i formated it ( removed it all off ). and i wanted to use it as a second hard drive, I put it in, and when i turn it on it looks like it looks at the old one, but not the one that has windows vista ( the main hard drive )

How can i make it just take the one with only vista and not tring to load something from the old one that has nothing on it?

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
I have a couple of thoughts to share with you. First of all, when we get it hooked up and working, then lets move it to NTFS format and not the older Fat32 which ME uses. Therefore, I suggest you format it after you get it hooked up to the more modern format.

Second, tell us how you have it hooked up. We need your computer specs, What brand names drives you are using, how they are jumpered (if IDE), what IDE slot they are on (primary, or secondard), and where they are on the ribbon cable.

A last suggestion is that you make sure you have an 80 connector cable on both drives.

Post back with questions/concerns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.